Demand Planner - Digital
Sephora, a division of global luxury leader LVMH – Louis Vuitton Moët Hennessy - is a global leader in beauty retailing. It successfully operates more than two thousand points of sale across Americas, Europe, Middle East and Asia. Its aim is to animate the most loved beauty community in the world.
Sephora Australia opened its first store in December 2014, now operates 13 stores with two flagships in Pitt Street Sydney and Melbourne. Sephora Australia also manages online sales for both Australia and New Zealand. Both channels plan fast growth for 2018 and 2019. Currently, Retail and Digital Operations are managed separately with Distribution Centres (“DC”) and distinct teams working on different processes & information systems. Both systems/processes and physical operations will be merged in 2018.
Sephora Australia is looking to recruit a Demand Planner (Digital) based in our Sydney CBD Head Office.
Reporting directly to the Demand Planning and Distribution Manager, the Demand Planner's responsibility is to ensure that an appropriate level of stock is maintained for the business to achieve its sales goals.
The role will involve:
- Assembling and analyzing all data pertinent to creating the sales forecast (active assortment – product life cycle, historical sales, market trends, seasonality, promotions) and purchasing needs (stocks, transits, lead times, MOQ)
- Assessing supplier performance in terms of fill rates and lead times and adjusting forecast models as appropriate
- Working with the procurement team to ensure purchase orders are placed in a timely manner and to have visibility on inbound stock and its impact on future order quantities
- Identifying slow moving products to the Merchandising team, and propose clearance sales or return to Vendors; actively tracking the performance of the clearance sales.
- Working with the Merchandising team to develop sales assumptions of new brands / product launches and decide on stock allocations of the new brands / products to each channel / store as appropriate.
- Actively participating in the preparation and animation of S&OP meetings and Open to Buy discussions
- 3+ years of experience in a demand / supply planning role, ideally in retail or multi –brands environments
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Operations Management or Supply Chain
- Experience working in an ecommerce environment an advantage
- Strong quantitative analytical skills; able draw conclusions and execute appropriate actions in response to data
- Computer Savvy with advanced Excel capabilities, SAP system experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills with the ability to work across functional areas and levels across the organization
- Motivated and autonomous self-starter, organized and able to work under pressure
- highly adaptable and flexible to accept new ideas, people and procedures
- Rigorous and meticulous
Whats on offer?
- Great company culture and supportive team environment
- Quarterly product allowances & fantastic store discounts
- Flexible working hours available
- Be part of a global cosmetics industry leader rapidly growing in the ANZ market
If you think your skills and experience are suitable for this role, please submit your CV and Cover Letter (in Word/PDF format) by clicking the link below.