Sephora, a division of LVMH – Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton global luxury leader, is a global leader in beauty retailing. It successfully operates more than three thousand points of sale across Americas, Europe, Middle East and Asia. Its aim is to animate the most loved beauty community in the world
Sephora Australia opened its first store in December 2014, it now operates 13 stores with 2 flagships in Pitt Street Sydney and Melbourne Central. Sephora Australia also manages online sales for both Australia and New Zealand. Both channels plan for fast growth in 2018 and 2019.
We are looking for a Payroll Specialist to join our team on a 12 month contract at our Sydney Head Office. You will be responsible for the full payroll function for our growing network. Reporting to the HR Manager, this role works closely with the HR team – locally and regionally, our District and Store Managers and the head of Finance.
As the Payroll Specialist, you will work autonomously in a stand-alone role within the HR team to accurately process the fortnightly pay on time for our permanent, contracted and casual staff across Australia. This role will be the first point of contact for all payroll queries and report requests.
As Sephora establishes NZ operations, this role will be part of the establishment and operations of the NZ payroll function. You will act as the project lead for a regional payroll consolidation project.
Payroll Processing & Systems Management
- Accurately run and pay the fortnightly payroll for all permanent, casual and contracted staff
- Manage all leave applications, processing and accrual in the HR system, maintain all record keeping for staff.
- Managing Superannuation, Workers Compensation and Payroll Tax filing and reporting in line with statutory regulations
- Stay up to date with and implement all relevant Payroll legislation, policies and processes as required
- Work with the HR Manager and Region on compensation and benefits packages.
- Annually process all ICR changes and bonus payments
- Manage the accurate application of our Enterprise Agreement and work with HR to educate District and Store managers accordingly
- New staff set-ups and termination processing will be handled by you in conjunction with HR and established polices across all systems, such as HRIS, LVMH Talent.
- Working with the HR team to process any workers compensation paperwork to our insurer.
- Undertake all system upgrades and/or implementations, such as a region wide new payroll system.
- Educate staff and managers on system utilization and maximization.
- Support the Finance and HR function as required.
- Own the management of day to day Benefits Administration which includes but not limited to insurance renewal and policy management.
- Regular reporting and monitoring, for example probation, leave accruals including excessive leave accrual, long service and recurring absenteeism.
- Perform all statutory reporting and make timely payments to relevant parties.
- Work with the HR Manager on all regional and group reporting requirements.
- Assist in payroll and headcount budget preparation as requested.
- Undertake month end and general ledger reporting and analysis for Finance.
- Generate all general ledger and financial reporting that relates to payroll, along with the analysis of such data.
- Work with the Company’s Work Cover officer to coordinate and process all Workers Compensation requirements.
- Work with HR on all visa applications and immigration reporting requirements.
- Work closely with in-house and external auditors for audit on payroll processes and numeration
- At least 3 years full function payroll experience for 500+ staff, across a mix of permanent, part-time, casual and contracted staff.
- Experience processing Workers Compensation claims is essential.
- Up to date knowledge of the legislation affecting Payroll.
- Strong Microsoft ability, particularly in Excel.
- Experience with Flare and/or Success Factors would be an advantage.
- Processing payrolls based on an EBA, across all states and exposure to NZ payroll requirements would be highly advantageous.
- Experience in upgrading a payroll system upgrade will be highly regarded.
- Excellent written and spoken communication with effective stakeholder management
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy, strong numeracy skills.
- Ability to analyse data and interpret data.
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable - Energetic and resilient in the face of challenges.
- Enjoys solving problems and helping people.
- The ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritise, and work under pressure autonomously.
- Willingness to learn new systems as required.
- Handles sensitive and confidential information with discretion and sensitivity.
- Great company culture and supportive team environment
- Quarterly product allowances & fantastic store discounts
- Flexible working hours available
- Be part of a global cosmetics industry leader rapidly growing in the ANZ market
- A kitchen packed with unlimited fruit and snacks!
If you think your skills and experience are suitable for this role, please submit your CV and Cover Letter (in Word/PDF format) by clicking the link below.