Procurement Executive - Retail
Sephora, a division of global luxury leader LVMH – Louis Vuitton Moët Hennessy - is a global leader in beauty retailing. It successfully operates more than two thousand points of sale across Americas, Europe, Middle East and Asia. Its aim is to animate the most loved beauty community in the world.
Sephora Australia opened its first store in December 2014, now operates 13 stores with two flagships in Pitt Street Sydney and Melbourne. Sephora Australia also manages online sales for both Australia and New Zealand. Both channels plan fast growth for 2018 and 2019.
The Retail and Digital Operations departments are currently managed in separate teams with different processes/information systems, utilising separate Distribution Centres (DC). Both systems/processes and physical operations will be merged in 2018.
The Supply Chain Department is looking to recruit a Procurement Executive on a 12-month contract, who will be responsible for our Retail procurement. Based in our Sydney CBD Head Office, you will be reporting to the Head of Supply Chain. This role is responsible for ensuring an efficient replenishment of Sephora Australia DC by taking over the replenishment needs expressed by our Demand Planners into Purchase Orders (PO’s) and tracking their fulfilment.
- Aligns normal replenishment calendars and lead times with Demand Planners and Brands,
- Issues PO’s to brands and follows up the ordering process until PO closure: brand acknowledgment, compliance with lead-times, confirmation of quantities shipped.
- Controls pricing and follow-up claims.
- Communicates delays, shortages and backlog reports, and provides visibility of potential interruptions to internal stakeholders.
- Monitors and reports on suppliers' performance (fill rate, order lead-time and shipment quality).
- Works with the Head of Supply Chain on the basic supervision of the other procurement team members.
- Proven experience in a demand/supply planning role, ideally in retail or multi –brands environments
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations Management or Supply Chain is highly desireable.
- Strong quantitative analytical skills and computer savvy:
- Ability to analyse, draw conclusions, and execute appropriate actions in response to data
- Advanced Excel capabilities required
- SAP system experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work across functional areas and levels of the organization and to interact at distance
- Listen well to others (empathy), client-centric (commercial mindset)
- Strong verbal and written communication: ability to simplify, synthesize and convince
- Attitude and mindset
- Rigorous and meticulous
- Motivated and autonomous self-starter
- Organized, meeting deadlines, good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Highly adaptable and flexible to accept new ideas, people and procedures
- Ability to work under pressure
- Great company culture and supportive team environment
- Quarterly product allowances & fantastic store discounts
- Flexible working hours
- Be part of a global cosmetics industry leader rapidly growing in the ANZ market
- A kitchen full of unlimited fruit and snacks!
If you think your skills and experience are suitable for this role, please submit your CV and Cover Letter (in Word/PDF format) by following the link below:
No agencies please.