National Operations Lead
Sephora, a division of LVMH – Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton global luxury leader, is a global leader in beauty retailing. It successfully operates more than three thousand points of sale across Americas, Europe, Middle East and Asia. Its aim is to animate the most loved beauty community in the world. Sephora Australia opened its first store in December 2014, it now operates 13 stores with 2 flagships in Pitt Street Sydney and Melbourne Central. Sephora Australia also manages online sales for both Australia and New Zealand. Both channels plan for fast growth in 2018.
Sephora Australia National Operations Lead will report to the Head of Retail to support the growth of the Retail store network footprint in Australia and as directed, NZ. This role will be responsible for the establishment and embedding of consistent retail operational practices and standards across all stores. Project work will be a key aspect of the role as they will support the opening of new stores through set up and any network initiatives, such as system upgrades. This role will work closely with all Retail team members, including Animations, District and Store Managers, Visual Merchandise and Inventory Control leads to ensure the stores operational success.
- Working in support of the Head of Retail and the Head Office team, play a key role in the operational roll out of new stores across Australia and any future markets.
- Work with the District Managers to oversee the operation of our stores facilities, processes and procedures and ensuring they are consistently optimized and embedded across the network.
- Provide continuous feedback and communication between Head Office and the Store Teams.
- Coordinate regular Store Performance audits with other departments and maintain determined audit score results as a key KPI.
- Working with stakeholders to achieve KPI’s such as OSA, CR, depreciation %.
- Champion WHS within the stores to ensure everyone gets home safely each day.
- Work with the Animations team and Store Managers to ensure all animations are rolled out seamlessly with minimal disruption to the stores operations.
- Develop a new store rollout manual and project plan to streamline process and increase efficiency.
- Manage allocated budgets and timelines of all new store openings and any refurbishment of existing stores.
- Implement any new operational processes and procedures for new systems.
- As directed, work with Category, Supply Chain and Finance on network expansion, development and ongoing fitouts to ensure the stores are to the standard expected.
- Support the Visual Merchandise, Inventory Control and District Managers on optmising Store operations.
- Liaise with Regional on best practice store management and ensure consistency in network look and feel.
- Demonstrates strategic thinking, problem solving and agility.
- Demonstrates leadership in achieving operational excellence.
- Operationally-minded and hands-on with a readiness to spend time in stores to help store teams resolve issues.
- Strong analytical and decision making skills set.
- Project management to time, budget and high quality.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills.
- Strong commercial skills, good attention to detail and customer focused.
- Comfortable with business finances budgets, daily stores figures etc.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Professional operational experience in the retail industry.
- Able to travel independently including weekends and internationally, as required.
- Driver’s license.
- Effective management of travel, schedule, and expenses.
- Flexible with extended hours during events.
- Work in a fragrance-filled environment.
- Able to lift and move 20kgs.
If you think your skills and experience are suitable for this role, please submit your CV and Cover Letter (in Word/PDF format) by clicking the link below.