Sephora Oceania is a division of LVMH- Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton and our aim is to animate the most loved beauty community in the world. We opened our first store in December 2014 and now operate 21 stores including two flagships in Australia and one in New Zealand. Our success is built on innovation, a unique product portfolio, market-leading digital capability, and our exceptional people! As we continue our growth in Australia and New Zealand, we are looking for a passionate and organised Payroll Specialist to join our team in Sydney.
About the Role
As our Payroll Specialist, the successful candidate will be responsible for the full payroll function for our growing network of stores in ANZ– we currently have 20 stores in Australia and one store in NZ. Reporting to the Head of HR, this role works closely with the HR team – locally and regionally, our District and Store Managers and the Head of Finance to deliver an exceptional payroll experience. Duties and responsibilities include:
Payroll Processing and Systems Management
- Accurately run and pay the fortnightly payroll for all permanent, casual and contracted staff.
- Manage all leave applications, processing and accruals in the HR system.
- Manage new employee payroll on-boarding and off-boarding.
- Manage Superannuation, Workers Compensation and Payroll Tax filing and reporting in line with statutory regulations.
- Stay up-to-date with and implement all relevant Payroll legislation, policies and processes as required.
- Manage the accurate application of our Enterprise Agreement and work with the HR team to educate District and Store Managers accordingly.
- Undertake all system upgrades and/or implementation, such as a region wide new payroll system.
- Support the Finance and HR function as required.
- Own the management of day-to-day benefits administration which includes but not limited to insurance renewal and policy management.
- Serve as the first point of contact for all payroll queries and report requests for our teams in Australia and New Zealand.
- Provide regular payroll reporting and monitoring, for example probation reporting, reporting on leave accruals including excessive leave accrual, long service and recurring absenteeism.
- Perform all statutory reporting and make timely payments to relevant parties.
- Work with the Head of HR on all regional and group reporting requirements.
- Assist in payroll and headcount budget preparation as requested.
- Undertake month end and general ledger reporting and analysis for Finance.
- Generate all general ledger and financial reporting that relates to payroll, along with the analysis of such data.
- Work closely with in-house and external auditors to ensure compliance with payroll audit requirements
Skills and Experience Required
- A minimum of 3 years full function payroll experience for 500+ staff, across a mix of permanent, part-time, casual and contracted staff.
- You have demonstrated experience processing payrolls based on an Enterprise Agreement.
- You have up-to-date knowledge of legislation which may impact Payroll.
- You have outstanding verbal and written communication skills with effective stakeholder management skills
- Your attention to detail and accuracy is second-to-none
- You have strong Microsoft ability, particularly in Excel.
- You are self-motivated, flexible, adaptable and energetic and resilient in the face of challenges.
- You enjoy solving problems and are customer and solutions focused.
- You are able to consistently meet tight deadlines, prioritise, and work under pressure
- You handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- You are eager to learn new systems as required
- Knowledge of New Zealand payroll requirements is highly advantageous, as would experience with Flare HR and Flare Payroll.
- Experience in upgrading a payroll system upgrade will be highly regarded.
How to Apply
If you are an experienced payroll professional who is excited about the opportunity to own payroll for Sephora and be a part of the most loved beauty community, then please submit your resume and cover letter today!